Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Matcha Green Tea Overnight Oatmeal with Bananas

This recipe is fast easy and perfect for mornings that I have 9am classes and don't have time to prepare cooked oatmeal. I try to eat oatmeal instead of granola or cereal because when you prepare your oatmeal with your own ingredients you avoid sugar and other substances.

It feels really good to know each and every ingredient you are eating and it is also nice to create several variations.

I try not to add dried fruits and granola on my oatmeal because fresh fruits are healthier and keep me satisfied for longer.



Ingredients:
1/3 of a cup of an oatmeal of your choice (I like Trader Joe's brand)
2 teaspoons of Matcha Green tea (I never found at a store so I buy online on amazon and it lasts forever and can be used in a hundred different recipes. Starbucks Matcha frapuccino included!).
1 bag of sweetener (I could not find a healthier substitute yet, but I guess that is because I have a super sweet tooth). :}
1/2 a cup of almond or soy UNSWEETENED milk (you can use both natural or vanilla but make sure it is unsweetened)
1 banana
1 teaspoon of Agave nectar and cinnamon (both optional to add a twist)

In a bowl or cup add the oatmeal, the Matcha and the sweetener and mix. Then add the milk and  slice the bananas inside. Mix it all, cover and put in the fridge overnight.

The next morning all you have to do is add a little bit of agave nectar and it's ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment